Friday, August 31, 2007

Special Friday

Today is a special day. Searching for just the right thing to say about it seems hard. I wonder if there are other people like me who get up and want to do something special for an occasion and just are stuck at a loss of how to celebrate. Well, today is one of those days. One of those days when I pause for reflection in an attempt to put things into a perspective or understanding. The words fail to come to mind, but I can simply feel it.

Sometime around 4pm or so today will be the 11th year celebration of the day when Anika said "I Do" in the yard of the former Nelson Residence in River Falls, WI. Later tonight, I'll think about the evenening's celebration at the one-room school across the street.

An amazing amount of time has passed to perceptively quickly. I am grateful that Anika has been my partner in this whole mess we call life. Thanks for sticking by my side, despite all of my shortcomings :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats man...

Love is the ultimate gift.

Peace & Blessings-

-Me

Blog Archive