Tuesday, September 18, 2007

All Wet

Today wraps up 36 consecutive days of riding to and from work. It's turned into a self-contest for me now to see how long I can keep going. Outside of some other type of obligation that would require me to drive, I have a hard time coming up with a reason why I might jump in the car.

Before you puritan cycling advocates jump on my case, an almost legitimate need to drive presented itself yesterday. I had made a dental appointment earlier this summer for yesterday at 11am. My dentist of over 10 years is in Bloomington, I live in Roseville, and my office is in Saint Louis Park. (I had a commitment at the office and had to cancel my appointment anyway... Sorry Nancy!)

Today's ride was the wettest that I have been on a bike in a LONG time. It rained hard this morning on my way to the office. It had started out just sprinkling, so I just rode in my t-shirt. Eventually, that got wet and I switched to my rain jacket, though at the point that I put it on, I was too wet for it to do any good. Mental not to self, there is NO WAY my clothes are going to dry at work. Pack an extra set of clothes for the ride home. Though, the ride home was equally as wet as the ride in.

No comments:

Blog Archive