Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Catching Up is Hard

Right now, I think the thing to be most thankful for this week is that it is Thanksgiving and a short week of work. For that, I am grateful that I will hopefully have an opportunity to catch up on some much-needed rest.

Friday was a rare tailwind into work ride, uneventful ride home. Out to dinner with the family, crashed early around 9:30pm. Saturday I slept in until 9:30. So, in one night, I was able to double my “normal” night’s sleep!

Lots of activity around the house on Saturday with domestic duties. Flurry of preparing for a camping adventure, including a last minute ill-conceived plan to replace the handlebars on the bike I was planning on taking. While accumulating things for the trip I came across a pair of the Brooks grips. That set into motion the conversion of my old Trek 520 to Albatross bars.

Took off for a Sub-24-Hour camping adventure with the “guys” from the bike shop around 5pm. Joe showed up at the shop with Surly in full cyclocross mode. So, we spent about an hour waiting for him to perform conversion to camping mode.

A night of riding bikes, stopping for food, drinking beer, camping, chilling by a fire followed by a morning of more riding, coffee, greasy breakfast, more riding, and more beer. Normally sounds like the perfect formula for a weekend. But, given sleep deprivation and my general level of mood… it was just OK.

Yesterday was day 80. Not sure if it counts though which gives me personal troubles. I had to drop our car off out in Hopkins from which point I then rode to and from work. So, it was only about 1/2 the distance I normally ride, but served as a confirmation of just how much I do not like driving.

Back to “normal” today.

No comments:

Blog Archive