Monday, April 21, 2008

Getting Down to the Wire

Only a couple more days to finish all of the preparations for TransIowa departure on Friday. Second-guessing everything. Looking forward to stepping up to that line at 4am on Saturday and giving it a go.

Worked over the bike this past weekend thinking I would have it all set up and ready to go. Not sure that it feels right. Second-guessing bag set up for sure. Second-guessing which gear to ride. I am sure that I am over thinking everything.

The weather forecast is not looking so great either. Hmmm... 350 miles of soupy gravel, here I come.

2 comments:

. said...

...that would be peanut butter-ee gravel. Just replaced my 38c tires with 32c's. More fender room for the slop. Gave up on rethinking, now I am just making dumb-irrational decisions. Still got a set of 25c's somewhere.

Jim Thill said...

Personally, I think you're going to regret your choice of rimstrips.

Blog Archive