Friday, August 10, 2007

Ridin'

10 for 10. I wasn't sure that I would make it through this week. It's been a series of nights where I haven't gotten to bed very early. I think there was one night when I got to bed before 11, 3 or so midnights. All with a series of 5am wake-ups. This morning I did hit the snooze twice, but I was out the door on my bike only a few minutes behind my normal schedule.

I looked at the calendar last night to see how many weeks I have had this streak of no-drivin' going. It's the end of 15 weeks now. One week of vacation factored in there, so 14 weeks. That's 70 days of work. I've driven only 4 of those. Now, like I wrote myself last week, during the days of the old job, I had the luxury of working from home, so there were seldom 5 days per week. But, now I have made it 2 weeks in a row. This week was better than last week.

Between the riding and sleep deprivation, this is good trainin' for a possible attempt at the 24 Hours of Afton.

I rode the parade bike, maybe not the smartest of things to do. Shhh... don't tell, but it's locked up downstairs.

No comments:

Blog Archive