Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Interesting Sightings

There are a few occasions where I see something and the sight stands out. These are the moments that I wish that I could record them. Sometimes I wish that I always had a camera and the ability to use it. (I am going to find a really inexpensive digital camera to take with me on my bike.)

I look out my window in the office at the Alliance building. They have a 5 story parking ramp. I can see the first row of cars on each level of the ramp. Each level appears full. There are only 3 colors of cars. White, gray, and red. That's it. Just one of those occasions when it just seems to be a strange sighting.

My most vivid recollection of what seemed like such a strange sight was probably 15 years ago. I was on my way to work, stopped on the Lexington Ave bridge in Saint Paul waiting for the light to change so that I could go East on 94. There were 4 or 5 cars in the oncoming left turn lane waiting for the light. It was raining, everyone's lights were on. The thing that seems so amazing about the image is the fact that everyone's windshield wipers and turn signals were in sync. Not lights with wipers, but everyone's wipers were making the sweep of the window at exactly the same time. Everyone's blinkers were blinking at the same frequency. It was an unusual sighting for sure; which is why it sticks in my mind.

Today's view out the window at the parking ramp is not in the same league, but simply a reminder that interesting sightings do occur and to me, they are worth noting.

No comments:

Blog Archive