Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Having Fun

They say that time flies when you are having fun. I cannot say so much that I have been having fun, but keeping busy enough to make days pass in the blink of an eye.

Last week was a difficult week of commuting. I saved the high and low temperature on my home thermometer. High: 45.6 F on 01/28/08 at 1:28PM. Low: -15.8 F on 01/30/08 at 7:37AM. That's a range of over 60 degrees in 30 hours!

I enjoyed the adventure of riding on Wednesday, but I suffered through Thursday feeling a real low in energy and mood and I think that's why I haven't written. I think I am dissapointed in myself for getting such a crummy attitude.

Friday the temperature rebounded brought with it warmer temps and the commute was wonderful. I would have liked to have written. I would have liked to have been able to capture my giddyness somehow in words. The ride was truly magic.

Saturday I went for a recreational ride with the crew from Hiawatha. Not much of a ride, but good to visit with other bike people. Never did make it back to the shop, cannot remember what I even needed, but I am sure it will come back to mind.

I wrapped up January with 770 miles. Increasingly my mind has been tuned into TransIowa. Getting excited that it's now somewhere around 11 weeks away. Motivated by the miles being logged between my house and work, looking forward to days when it will be warm enough to log some long hours in the saddle.

So far this week, the temps have been hovering in the mid-20's and it feels wonderful. I think 20-25 is the perfect winter temperature. Cold enough to keep the snow around, makes riding feel great without too many layers.

Fresh dusting of snow yesterday + warm temps = sloppy conditions.

Contemplating many thoughts that I hope to share.

Catching up on miles:

Thursday - Commute - 30
Friday - Commute - 30
Saturday - Fun - 20
Monday - Commute - 30
Tuesday - Commute -30

MTD - 110
YTD - 880

No comments:

Blog Archive