Monday, February 11, 2008

Try Again Tomorrow

Things were going along just swimmingly last week. The temperatures were perfect for winter riding and the days are getting longer. It felt, for a moment, like we had perhaps had our last truly arctic cold. But, well, then along on Saturday came an Alberta Clipper and with it double-digit below temperatures. Along with the plunge of the mercury went my spirits.

This morning's ride to work was 8 below. The ride home was 4. I was better dressed and comfortable this morning. But, my body does not work well in the cold temps... Everything seems to happen SO BLOODY SLOWLY. Eeeeshhhh...

I knew I was in trouble on the way home when my mind turned to thinking about the destination rather than the journey. I think anyone who has ever gone for a bike ride has been on one of those where your mind turns and all you can think about is it being over.

Glad today is over. I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Blog Archive