Saturday, April 04, 2009

Soupy Gravel

Another week flies by with hardly a look up to reflect? Rode the bike to work on Friday, first ride since the previous Sunday. I know that by Sunday evening, I was so worn out I felt nauseous and that Monday was a rough one. Other than it raining and cold on Wednesday, I don't have an excuse.



I did ride to work on Friday. Slow to head out the door, taking some extra time to stretch, I opted to take the bit longer route via Saint Paul, Lake Street bridge, and the Midtown Greenway. It was the first time doing so in a VERY long time.


Saturday morning I left the house around 8am, rode to meet a co-worker in Crystal for a ride out the Luce Line to Long Lake for a cup of coffee and back. Having an affinity for soupy gravel, I was pleased with the softness of the limestone in places along the Luce Line.

I returned home taking a more northerly route through the cities. Connected up with the Grand Rounds. I was pleasantly surprised to have discovered that the trail had been repaved, perhaps last summer? I cannot recall the last time that I rode it, but I remember it being in REALLY rough condition, to the point where I'd always taken the parkway making for an unpleasant ride.




When I got home, I really got to thinking about riding more of the Luce Line. When I can get into good shape, I'd like to make an epic ride out of riding the whole thing. Perhaps a daylight ride out to Cosmos via county roads and a return trip on the Luce Line? Seems like it could all be done in under 200 miles?

1 comment:

CoCargoRider said...

Ken,
Glad you are back on the bike! Let me know if want some company on the epic Luce Line ride, it would be right my alley
Devin

Blog Archive